Re: Making mutt more friendly towards site customizations

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:

> Hmm, if people start using wontfix as a replacement for closing a bug
> perhaps we should deprecate the wontfix tag as well...

Don't be stupid.

'wontfix' is particularly appropriate to wishlist items, and means "I
see your point, but I'm still not going to do it any time soon".

Closing the wishlist item means it'll drop out of view of the package
maintainer and other interested parties, and will never ever be addressed
or considered again. Don't just dismiss other people's ideas like that.

Whether or not you want to implement it, the wishlist item is still on
someone's wishlist, so it might as well remain in the BTS wishlist for the
package. The next maintainer for the package may wish to implement it, or
some random person may submit a working patch to you.
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam@topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |