Re: packaging pine

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > IMHO, the fact that we can't distribute pine.deb should not make a
> > "Suggests: pine" invalid.
>
> Why not make pine-tracker "Provides: pine", which it effectively does?

It does not. pine-tracker just tracks pine uploads. For those of you
who didn't write "apt-cache show pine-tracker" yet here is the result:

 This package warns you about outdated pine packages in your system.
 It compares its own version against the installed version of pine, pico, etc.
 and suggests the user to update those packages if old packages are found.

If you want a "pine-builder" package you are welcome to write one, but
do not ask me for help. I think we don't need it (not to mention dpkg
is not reentrant and such package would have to be quite tricky).