Re: Unofficial Debian 'testing' FAQ (was Re: Packages in queue for woody?)

Jules Bean writes:
 > On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 07:46:11PM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
 > > I'm missing the most important question:
 > >
 > >   1.1  Is testing secure?
 >
 > How about:
 >
 > Q: Are special arrangements made for security fixes?
 >
 > A: Security fixes should be of high urgency, so they will be installed
 > after a shorter wait. Other than that, no.  Users concerned with
 > security are recommended to subscribe to the appropriate lists to
 > monitor security advisories, and use the 'pin' feature of apt to
 > selectively install only certain packages from unstable.

To keep track of all upgradeable testing packages in their
installation people can use the (new) script apt-show-versions.

apt-get install `apt-show-versions -u -b | fgrep testing`

would upgrade all upgradeable testing packages even if your normal
distribution is stable.

Christoph