Re: apache non-free?

Jules Bean <jules@jellybean.co.uk> writes:

> We are in no legal risk in any country because, quite clearly, the
> Apache Group are the only people who could file a suit, and they're
> patently not going to.

Exactly right.  We should do our best to conform to the license, but
if Apache decides we are in violation, they'll say "hey, you're in
violation, you need to rename the package".  And then we'll say (in
all likelihood): "sorry for the oversight; we thought that what we
were doing was ok; we'll change the name".