Re: SE Linux packages of login, sshd, tar, stat, findutils, fileutils, and [xkg]dm

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 03:45:10PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> Once such support is compiled in they can be used on non SE-Linux systems
> without any problems.  The difference is only a few extra system calls, so it
> will add a small amount to the binary size of the packages and some more
> system calls to your strace output.

If you do such modifications to the upstream source on otherwise portable
packages, please be sure to guard it in appropriate #ifdef's, usually

#ifdef __linux__
#endif

I don't know about build dependencies and stuff, but the same holds true.
Please make sure if you modify otherwise portable packages that we don't take
notice of the changes next time we try to compile it on GNU/Hurd.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de