Re: update_excuses zope (also related to Bug #122443)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> It's hard to say because without opdate_output this information is now no
> longer available. A problem is that there are versions of

> zope-emarket,

> zope-guf
See #122366.

> and zope-loginmanager
... and see #122787

I prepared NMU for zope-loginmanager with the following changelog:

zope-loginmanager (0.8.8b1-1.1) unstable; urgency=low

  * NMU
    closes: #118970
  * Standards-Version: 3.5.6
  * Build-Depends-Indep: debhelper
  * removed dh_suidregister call from debian/rules
  * Depends: zope-zpatterns
    closes: #87336
  * Architecture: all
    closes: #86524
  * Replaces: zope-guf
    Conflicts: zope-guf
    Provides: zope-guf

    closes:
  * added README.debian to let users deal with the drop of zope-guf
  * Added debconf stuff for the ease of installation:
      added    debian/config
      replaced debian/postinst
      added    debian/postrm
      added    debian/prerm
      added    debian/templates

 -- Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>  Fri,  7 Dec 2001 08:17:18 +0100

and because it depends from zope-zpatterns:

zope-zpatterns (0.4.3p2-0.1) unstable; urgency=low

  * NMU
  * New upstream version
    closes: #118968
  * Applied patches of Debian maintainer of the files
      python/Products/ZPatterns/README.txt
      python/Products/ZPatterns/Setup
    to the new files
  * Standards-Version: 3.5.6
  * Build-Depends: debhelper, python2.1-base, zope
    closes: #86722
    closes: #90626
  * Added debconf stuff for the ease of installation:
      added    debian/config
      replaced debian/postinst
      added    debian/postrm
      added    debian/prerm
      added    debian/templates
  * removed dh_suidregister call from debian/rules
  * Changed reference to /usr/lib/python1.5 in debian/rules
       PYTHON_VERSION=2.1
       /usr/lib/python$(PYTHON_VERSION)
    for the ease of later upgrades.

 -- Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>  Fri,  7 Dec 2001 08:41:17 +0100

This would fix all outstanding bugs (some serious of them are over 200 days
old).  I'll upload after the weekend if the maintainer does not fix it
soon.  Interested people especially the maintainer Mike Goldman
<whig@debian.org> can find my packages at:

    http://auric.debian.org/~tille/zope-products

> (and perhaps other packages as well) in
> testing the zope package conflicts with.
If anybody knows about further problems with zope dependend packages please
respond soon.

> Since upgrading zope would mean
> to make these packages will become uninstallable the new zope will never
> make it into testing before newer versions of these packages will be in
> testing.
Any opinions about those NMUs especially the one which would let us drop
zope-guf?

Kind regards

         Andreas.