Re: apache non-free?

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 11:32:34AM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> I've raised the issue here before, and I, along with others, was
> involved in an off-list 100-mail discussion with upstream about it.
> We're violating it, but as long as we don't do anything too radical with
> it, and feed all our changes back to them, they'll turn a blind eye.

Like the <whatever that bunch was called> promising not to go after Felten
for publishing his paper?

Saying that they'll turn a blind eye if we do this that or the other doesn't
change the fact that we are violating the licence. Are we the subject of
favouritism here? We're fine because we're Debian but if some company in
Redmond did exactly the same thing they *would* complain?
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/