Re: Default MTA and dependencies

* "Sean 'Shaleh' Perry"

(please respect my M-F-T)

| On 02-Nov-2001 Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| >
| > Debian's default MTA is Exim.  Does that mean that packages which want
| > an MTA should depend on exim | mail-transport-agent?
| >
| > Now, it is just very messy (those are from woody, so if any of those
| > have been changed lately, I might not be up-to-date):
| >

| Tollef can you confirm that lintian fails to give an error on those package?
| It has a check to catch this kind of thing.  I just want to make sure my code
| is working.

It doesn't seem to work properly:

tfheen@arabella ~/workdir/debian/mailman > grep ^Depends mailman-2.0.8/debian/control
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, python, logrotate, cron (>= 3.0pl1-42), sendmail | mail-transport-agent, apache | httpd, debconf
tfheen@arabella ~/workdir/debian/mailman > lintian mailman_2.0.8-2.dsc
tfheen@arabella ~/workdir/debian/mailman >

--

Tollef Fog Heen