Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 11:58:23AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Anders Arnholm <anders@arnholm.nu> writes:
>
> > So could you tell me where I can get softeware to create the movie that
> > I need to have done this weekend in non-free software. Time is of the
> > essence, today we are not at this situation that everything could be
> > done with out non-free software. So realworld problems has to be solved
> > and that now. Getting more easy free software out is good.
>
> I can't help you with that, I'm afraid.  But that's not my fault: it's
> the fault of the unpleasant and anti-social people who are prohibiting
> you from using the software you want freely.  Blame them, not me.
> Certainly don't blame me for not giving in.
>
> They have hurt you badly, and you should be upset, but you should be
> upset at them.

Who, Adobe, Pinacle for nog giving away there software, for nog making
Linux versions? Well actually I like that they actuallt make good
software. If they don't like to share I don't have any reason to be
angry on them. There position and there right  to take that position is
as much about freedom as gnu and gpl, i.m.h.o. maybe even a little more.
For Adobe I can make plugins and other additions and spead then exactly
as I like, with GPL I might get forced into GPLing my software.
Personally I perfere BSD, X11 style, and then lgpl...

/ Balp
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969