Re: update_excuses.html

Jules Bean <jules@jellybean.co.uk> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 05:30:26PM +0100, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> > there is also libtool. it *is* a valid candidate but does not go into
> > testing. it is blocking a lot of software and i don't understand why :(
>
> Because when it goes in, libltdl0 will be removed.  This will break a
> few packages (I sent an earlier mail to this list about it).
>
> Among those packages, IIRC are balsa, gql and pspell.

A new gql version (0.2.0) wich no longer depends on libltdl at all (it
now uses glib/gmodule) is in non-US/main in unstable since Nov 12. and
will hopefully propagate to testing soon.

As I can see it's basically prevented from entering testing by yehia,
which in turn is held by libguile9.

There has been a recent thread about libguile9, hopefully the problems
are fixed soon -- anybody got new details?

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Georg-Rendlweg 28        | A-5111 Bürmoos | Austria       | Europe