Re: virtual package (x-)editor ?

Thanks, I'm passing that on upstream and ...

On 25 Nov 2001, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> * Tomas Pospisek
>
> | Yup. It's just that for me an editor doesn't have to be able to be
> | programmable and to brew coffe. It just needs to open the roght file when
> | I start it with "editor file" and allthough I haven't gone through the
> | effort of testing all existing editors I have yet to see one that wouldn't
> | accept a filename as a CL parameter.
>
> Unless you know for sure that the filename doesn't contain switches,
> you should call '$EDITOR -- $FILE', I'd say (or with the full path to
> $FILE, in case the program doesn't understand -- for
> end-of-switches-list).

Well, right now I'm using sensible-editor (as suggested by Steve
Greenland, one of the debian policy guys) and I'm getting:

tpo@tpo2:tpo$ sensible-editor -- /tmp/kak
Argument Error: unknown flag "-"
Possible Starting Arguments for Pico editor:

So much for "sensible-editors" ...
*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch