Re: I hear you...

> And these colors do not only look and feel  unprofessional, they are also a
> large risk, as they tend to overwrite important output or because
> an wrong positive output in large colors gives an clueless user the idea, that
> it started correctly and the problem is somewhere else.

So we redirect all the important output to another tty, or better yet a
file, where the user can actually take the time to read all those lines of
output, instead of reading as fast as he can to see what crashed, what
caused it, and what he should do about it, all in the 2.34 seconds before
the next item starts filling the screen with it's own info.

Personally, I get tired of watching 1000 lines of text scrolling past every
time debian gives me a perfect boot... ;)

Ok, so the above is slightly exaggerated. I hope it can get the point across
though.

Mathew