Re: [logcheck] I hear you...

On 25 Nov 2001 16:54:27 +1100, Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 04:28:55AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
>> but these green flashy pieces of junk, which might be visually
>> pleasing, but otherwise don't do anything
>
> Nope, thats not true. They have the big advantage you see quickly (actually
> you wont see errors if you are not reading line by line) if warnings and
> errors occur. They do not need to overwite anything, you can make them
> appended to daemon output.

None of which matters if the visual cues scroll off the screen before
they can be seen or the cause noted (been there) or if the machine is
booting unattended (situation normal for some of my machines) or if the
machine is running headless (situation normal as well).

I would prefer to have failures logged and optionally mailed to the
admin.

Frank
--
Home Page: <URL:http://thingy.apana.org.au/~fjc/>