Re: NMU and hijacking of gnome-apt

    Erik> aptitude rocks, or used to rock, now I cannot make it show
    Erik> what it is going to do. how do you use it to do equivalent
    Erik> of dist-upgrade so that you see what's going to happen?

 I found that it works better to do an "apt-get -u dist-upgrade" from
 the command line prior to running "aptitude" to find new packages and
 perform mass install / remove operations.

 Perhaps he will fix it; but what happens, at least in unstable, is
 that when packages fail to install, it cops out (sooner than the
 apt-get) and drops you back into the interface.  It takes quite a few
 iterations, especially if you've selected quite a number of new
 packages for installation, before it finally works the deck down to
 the last few cards.  If you run the dist-upgrade first however, that
 goes much more quickly.  The "-u" switch will help you decide whether
 it's going to be safe to let it do that or not, of course.

--
C-u M-x yee-haw
INSIDE, I have the same personality disorder as RICHARD STALLMAN!!