Re: Please stop tossing around red herrings like "discrimination"

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 12:56:06PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I think we should acknowledge that "although non-free software isn't a
> part of Debian, we support its use". In my eyes it's e.g. a discrimination
> that isn't needed that our autobuilder don't build non-free packages
> automatically.

No one who owns or administrates an autobuilder should be required to
build any package he/she does not want to.

Owners of m68k autobuilders "discriminate" against large packages like
OpenOffice, XFree86, Qt, and so forth.  This is because they have
precious CPU cycles that are better spent on other packages, and in the
case of XFree86, there is already someone with an m68k box available to
compile the package (me).

So before you start ranting and raving and bringing Title IX lawsuits
against, for example, the m68k porting team, inhale a deep breath of
reality.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           //     // //  /     /