Re: Has a Debian developer ever unintentionally wiped out user files like Apple?

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 00:44:35 +0100, Wichert Akkerman
<wichert@wiggy.net> wrote:
>Previously Adam Warner wrote:
>> (b) Whether there are any known cases of someone being affected.
>
>I'm not aware of anyone being hit by it though lukily. Filenames
>with spaces in them seem to be quite rare.

_This_ is the real point. Macintosh Users notoriously use spaces in
their file names. It is part of their OS culture. UNIX users know
about the trouble and avoid spaces in file names, unless we are
talking MP3 archives here.

Greetings
Marc