Re: Spaces in filenames [was: Has a Debian developer ever unintentionally wiped out user files like Apple?]

On Mon, 05 Nov 2001, Sebastian Rittau wrote:
> Even though my "example" is nonsence the point is valid; why should I
> cripple filenames like "War of the Worlds", "Déjà Vu", or "Light My
> Fire"?

Safety. The iso-8859-1 characters will not cause trouble in any but the most
braindamaged systems, but spaces on the other hand...

It is just too damn easy to screw up on properly handling spaces in
scripts. Change them to one of those unicode alternate space characters that
are NOT equivalent to U0020 :P

  Henrique Holschuh