Re: Debian Weekly News - October 9th, 2001

Em Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:43:52 +0200
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> escreveu:

> Previously Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > just wanted to comment this out... taking the last sentence as reference:
> > we should begin this campaign with SPI, wich is also endorsing the term..
>
> I don't see that. SPI's activity with respect to the term (and domain)
> opensource are to make sure it is used properly, which is a perfectly
> reasonable goal. It does not stop SPI or any of its projects from using
> the term free software.
I read a mail about a resolution from SPI, sometime ago, stating that
OpenSource was a "vital term" for the achievement of its goals, and
that it recognized it, etc...

I'd like to see SPI stating that it is not the right term to use, instead...
just thoughs...

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>