Re: A language by any other name

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 12:39:45PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 07:21:59PM +0300, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> >     SECOND. Gdm doesn't allow people to choose their locale by the menu.
> > In my opinion that is absolutely inconvenient as gdm is going to became
> > the standard display manager for Debian 3.0.
>
> gdm is going to be the standard display manager for Debian 3.0?!?
> In what sense, and why do we need a "standard" display manager?

Anton's assertion is false.  Thanks to the Pax Displayicus Managerius,
any of the 4 display managers can be used as the default on a Debian
system.  They can all be installed simultaneously and won't step on each
other's toes.

Now, whether the tasks for woody have been updated to reflect this, I
don't know.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Damnit, we're all going to die;
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    let's die doing something *useful*!