Re: PROPOSED: slight change to wnpp procedures

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 09:46:57AM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> My two cents...  If the bug stayed with wnpp (as opposed to being
> reassigned to ftp.debian.org)

Keep in mind, these are not the only alternatives.  I've modified my
proposal in response to a good point that Marcelo Magallon made.

It is possible for bugs to be assigned to more than one package:

reassign 123456 wnpp,ftp.debian.org

This makes the bug show up in the indices for both packages.  It seems
like a good application of this seldom-used feature of the BTS.

Again, under normal circumstances (package maintainer created a good
package and included the Closes: <ITP bug> in the package changelog),
this requires no special action from the FTP admins whatever.  I would
expect the package maintainer to do the above reassignment when
uploading the package.

On top of everything else, the above could be automated in a tool like
"debrelease".

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Exercise your freedom of religion.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Set fire to a church of your