Re: ITP: kernel-patch-selinux

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 05:36:26PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> > I intend to package the kernel patch for NSA Security Enhanced Linux.
> >
> > Below is all the details on licenses.  My interpretation of the below license
> > details (copied from the web site) is that the kernel patch is under the GPL
> > and everything is fine.
> >
> > However is the issue about "warranty exclusion" etc which requires "agreement
> > before download" going to force me to use non-free for my package?
>
> Wouldn't it be OK if you simply include WARRANTY EXCLUSION and LIMITATION Of
> LIABILITY clauses in debian/copyright ?

I'm afraid you can't simply do that without permission of the original
authors. The reason you have to read this legal stuff before downloading
is that you can't deny having read it afterwards. If this is packaged, you
can do so. Lawyers won't like that...

<snip>

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be