Re: aptitude: I know it broke, don't bother telling me

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 07:47:42AM -0400, Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> was heard to say:
>   The first bugreport on an aptitude problem caused by #111914 just rolled
> in.  (namely, the http method breaks badly when run from aptitude)  This is
> a known problem that comes from the apt libraries, and I'll be uploading a
> workaround soonish.  Please don't send tons of bug reports about it or I'll
> have to deal with merging them instead of dealing with the workaround :)

  I just realized, when I saw this in DWN, that I never followed up to this.
The version of aptitude in sid is now free of this bug (and some stupid
segfaults that somehow snuck in at the same time)
  Install 0.2.6.4, and if it still doesn't work, report bugs.

  Daniel

|                   It is hard to think of anything                           |
|                   less sentient than a pumpkin.                             |
|                     -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_                    |
\---- News without the $$ -- National Public Radio -- http://www.npr.org ----/