Re: What is debian.net used for?

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001, Mikael Hedin wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:
> > No. It has Debian's name in the URI, so it must not be used for anything
> > that would reflect badly on Debian...  Obviously, I do not mean your
>
> Maybe it comes down to common sence?  But I'd prefer to know what more

Yes...

> BTW, trainspotters gather at stations and take notes on times for
> departure and arrival as well as what kind of trains there are at what
> routes.  Is far as I know that is, a have no first hand knowledge.  It
> was just a subject very distinct from free software.

I can't see why such a site would reflect badly on Debian; however, as you
said, it is very distinct from free software. Anyway, IMHO if your
foo.debian.net pages are done in a "my homepages" style, with a main page
that not only link to proper free software material but also to some
personal pages (such as your trainspotting page), I don't see any problem
in that.

  Henrique Holschuh