Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

Le Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:20:42PM +0100, Nick Phillips écrivait:
> > > It needs to be stored, in /var/lib/dpkg/status, as a single file.  This is so
[...]
> > no, it does not store there. And I can explain it:
>
> Well, shouldn't it? Wouldn't it make sense to have the translated description
> in there rather than the original one?

Status is for installed packages, what about packages that are not yet
installed ?

Adam has an opinion, but while I agree that we may allow people
to put translated field in the control file, it's not the way that Debian
should use ... for all the reasons repeated over and over.

Grisu's initial solution is the best on the different points. Check
my summary somewhere else on this list.

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com