Re: new proposal: Translating Debian packages' descriptions

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Michael Bramer wrote:

> After I read some more mails and write some comments myself, IMHO it
> is time to write a newer hopefully better proposal. Not all is new.
> But I add some new thoughs and some parts from some comments.

We can reduce the download size by 50% by letting the ddts database decide
which translations are still up to date and pack only those into the
downloadable file. It won't be a .po file, but it will be smaller.

Also, an important point will be that the downloadable files be sorted, so
that you can diff them easily (I believe there is some effort going on to
make diffs from the Packages files).

I'm going to apply for a new job now, after that I'll take a more
extensive look into this.

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: DC26 EB8D 1F35 4F44 2934  7583 DBB6 F98D 9198 3292