Re: Two sets of binary packages from one source package?

James LewisMoss <jimdres@mindspring.com> writes:

> Situation is that the gnome versions of the xemacs packages have
> troubles.  Broken in irritating ways.

Yeah.  I don't personally use XEmacs, but I like to test my code on
it, and after discovering that stuff like popup menus were dying deep
inside the GTK+ elisp bindings, I gave up on it.

[...]

> So my first inclination is just to stop producing the gnome versions,
> but several users have requested that I not do so.

If the GTK+/GNOME version of XEmacs isn't really usable, then it would
probably make sense to stop producing those packages until woody is
released.