RE: Bootable CD

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, BERNARDES,JOAN (Non-HP-Brazil,ex1) wrote:

> 	How is it possible to switch CD during and Linux installation if you
> have a file mounted in a loop device?

Since... you don't.

That file is loaded to memory and gunzipped somewhere in the process, then
mounted as a RAM-disc.

> 	How can Red Hat do this? What Debian do to switch CDs?
> 	If I'm running a GUI application in a bootable CD how can I change
> the CD and still run the application?

Again: don't run it directly from CD, but run it from a RAMdisk
instead. You will need a fair amount of RAM to install an X server in a
RAM-disk, though.

<snip>

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be