Re: Still no base tarball

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:29:52PM +0200, Martin Albert wrote:

> Surely don't want to get between the lines - just my 2 cents.
>
> I'll possibly never see these CDs as i roll my own, but mine will
> include, if not anything else, then base2_2.tgz (!)

you clearly don't understand how the boot-floppies now work, nor the
difference between a basedebs.tgz and a base2_2.tgz.  the latter does
not exist and will never exist.

> Last time i used it was last night, to quickly setup a changeroot that
> debootstrap couldn't ('cause my binary archive was incomplete).

CD1 will always, must always have a complete enough archive for
debootstrap to work.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/