Re: mozilla in testing broken

> It's mozilla's non-cvs pkg. from august 8th that works with shockwave and
> java2 loaded.  Both work perfectly and so since august 8th i haven't had any
> crashes with mozilla.  Before and with the latest release java never used to
> work while shockwave's plugin was loaded, and usually still wouldn't work
> when it wasn't loaded.  I've heard from many other people how these two
> plugins wont get along in mozilla and i was wondering if other people found
> that august 8ths release worked for them too and now if it doesn't in
> today's.

I discovered that both need to have libXt.so and libXext.so somewhere.
Having libXt.so.6 and libXext.so.6 won't do. So you need to either install
xlibs-dev or make the symlinks yourself (don't forget to run ldconfig).

Took me some time to figure that one out.

Cheers,

--
Wessel Dankers <wsl@nl.linux.org>

Your computer hasn't been returning all the bits it gets from the Internet.