Re: OpenOffice

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> This seems to be incompatible with the GPL and you have to resolve this
> before you can build a package of OO (tjis is only one of the many
> problems you have when you try to package OO...).

It's no core component, so this may only hold graphic parts. ( In the
worst scenario those could go to non-free).

I've more trouble with the basic parts.
The SAL (System-Abstract-Layer), which was desgned to help porting, seems
to be an drawback under unix-like systems. And I still have no clue, how
to get the header-files and libraries-names. They have very generic names
like api/*.h* rtl/*.h* registry/*.h* store/*.h* and libraries like
libstore libreg and so on. (It is very much designed towards subsystems in
/usr/local or /opt, as they are often used under solaris...)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link