Re: OpenOffice

Hi..

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 08:39:15AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
>> I don't agree. There's no point in putting something in unstable
>> that's so buggy it will never go into testing. If you can't get it
>> into a state where there are no RC bugs, then maybe it's just not
>> suitable for Debian yet.

>OO sounds like it's a lot buggier than most applications (not surprising
>since it used to be commercial/proprietary code) but the only way it's
>going to conform to the standards expected of free software is if people
>work on it and test it.

Yes, I agree, I think Sid is a debian to test the newest software. If many
people test the packages, we will be able to fix the most bugs.

This will be good for OO, when it is not so buggy, it will be riht for sid
IMHO.

>frankly, i'm a bit surprised that OO has been out for about a year now
>and they still haven't fixed the build process so that it works smoothly
>- fortunately, that kind of thing is one area where debian people have a
>lot of experience and knowledge.

We should tell them how to fix the build process :)

	Greetings
			Jan
--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"