Re: X colors changing?

Hello,

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 08:30:03PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I thought this would be an easy one to script with netpbm, but there seem to
> be some issues:
>
> [...]
> gnome-aisleriot.xpm
> xpmtoppm: invalid color specifier - "#05050c0c13130000"

I think the icon is broken.  Does it really contain this string?
It looks like it's meant to be 16 bits for each R, G, B, and A.

For Xlib the maximal RGB color resolution is 16 bit per channel,
so strings of the form #RRRRGGGGBBBB are valid Xlib color specifications.
But no alpha channel is allowed there.

And to quote from the Xpm manual (version 3.4g), chapter 2,
"Colors can be specified by giving the color name, a # followed
by the RGB code in hexadecimal, or a % followed by the HSV code
(not implemented)."  So no alpha channel here, too, and it does
not say anything about the allowed number of digits.

Jochen
--
                                         Omm
                                      (0)-(0)