Re: blaster xscreensaver crashes computer?

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:58:28PM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> under Debian stable, I found that running the blaster screensaver would
> crash my computer (A T21 Thinkpad laptop computer).
>
> Previously, I thought this was specific to stable, but just previously
> my computer locked up with a screensaver that looked suspicuosly like
> blaster (no - I am not going to try it again just yet to check ;-).

A couple of the screen savers in xscreensaver crash my X server.
That is most unfriendly. And (from memory) the resources file which
contains the list of X screen savers is NOT a conffile, so it can't
safely be edited to remove the offending savers.

Admittedly, I'm running the Matrox proprietary driver for the G400
so that I can run dual head. Does the latest X 4.x support dual head
on the G400 yet?

Hamish