Re: traceroute /usr/bin -> /usr/sbin

    Hello,

    [Brian added to the Cc list since this question is partly for him, but
he doesn't seem to be following the thread, and had no headers in his mail
that indicated a preference for no Cc's.  My apologies if this is
inappropriate.  Also added a reference to my original question[1] and
rationale since that was not Cc'ed to Brian.]

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 05:04:35PM -0600, John Galt wrote:
> yes.  It is describing the situation perfectly: the maintainer won't fix
> this bug.

    Hmmm, I suppose that's true, although it doesn't really seem to fit the
specific examples given for wontfix[2].  I meant to ask[1] if it was
appropriate to *simply* wontfix the bug, with the intention of "closing it
eventually."[3]  I suppose the more relevant question is if it is
appropriate to close a bug that indicates a violation of Debian Policy
without fixing either Policy or the package itself.

Rene