Policy: location of shared libs w/ subarch specific code?

Greetings!  The subject says it all:  What is the proper location on
Debian systems for shared libs containing subarch specific code?
Specifically, where does one put shared libs containing 3dNow1,
3dNow2, SSE1, and SSE2 code?  I assume that the policy wants to
preserve the option of NFS mounting /usr, but the current ldso only
seems to check ix86/ and ix86/mmx subdirs, where 'x' is correctly
mapped to the running processor.  Unfortunately, all the above
extensions would probably go in this scheme under /usr/lib/i686/mmx,
and thereby conflict with one another.  (I had heard from Ben Collins
that the cpu capability flags in /proc/cpuinfo should correspond to
ldso subdirs as well, but this seems not to be the case (?)  Would be
an IDEAL solution, though, IMHO.)

Please cc: me directly with any replies, as I'm not subscribed to this
list.   Once this is determined, the new atlas is ready for upload
this weekend!

Take care,