Re: looking for the autogen's maintainer called James R. Van Zandt <jrv@vanzandt.mv.com>

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 at 17:07:14 +0200, Tamas SZERB wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Colin Watson wrote:
> > > There appear to be three open non-forwarded bugs, none very old. Your
> > > grave (not important) bug was submitted *yesterday*, which is not a lot
> > > of notice, and doesn't fit the definition of grave [1] anyway. Did you
> > > read bug #99470, where the maintainer had a conversation with a bug
> > > submitter and upstream about problems with autogen 5 (your bug, in fact,
> > > so I assume you didn't) less than a week ago?
> >
> > So don't you think it is not important that a package wich is installed
> > you can't compile the newer one?
>
> Of course I do. It's precisely that, important, or maybe serious. Bug
> severity inflation just makes life difficult for QA, though.
>
> Anyhow, the maintainer knows about it and seems to be working on it, so
> it's academic.

Are you sure? the 20 days old bug isn't closed... Why He cannot answer to
my problems? As I see now, he made a .h probem, and because of that he was
unable to compile the newer one...

Okay, i finshed this thread, and I hope he can fix the bugs, and upload
the autogen ver 5. SOON. :>

Yeah, please include the fsm (Finite State Machine) package to autogen, it
is a good feature and it is announced on the HP.

--
VWOL
Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org>