Re: aptitude 0.2.0 nearly released, please test/translate 0.1.9

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 05:42:44PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@debian.org> was heard to say:
> > Version 0.1.9 "Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace."
> >   * If there are no serious bug reports about this, APTITUDE 0.2 WILL
> >   BE UPLOADED TO UNSTABLE IN THE NEAR FUTURE!  Therefore, if you know of
> >   a problem that should prevent this from being released into the wild,
> >   PLEASE TELL ME!  Thank you.
>
> Better make sure it builds with CVS APT and G++ 3, otherwise you won't
> make it into testing..
>
> g++3 is available in the archive now, it is easy to setup a sid chroot and
> build out of that.

  Ack.  I'm glad to hear that some version of apt builds against g++3 (that
was one problem preventing me from testing it)  Someone's going to need to
rebuild sigc++, though, since it seems to be orphaned..actually, I may
adopt it; it's a nice library, bugfree, and I probably will be using it quite
a bit in the future.  (since I now have written a program that uses it pretty
heavily)

  Thanks for the warning.

  Daniel

|      You are standing west of a white house.  There is a mailbox here.      |
\---- News without the $$ -- National Public Radio -- http://www.npr.org ----/