Re: ITP: axel -- short description

* Wilmer van der Gaast <lintux@lintux.cx> [010618 02:06]:
> I have been working on a simple download accelerator-like program which
> downloads files through multiple connection, something which can make the

Note: this sort of thing gets you usually blacklisted/firewalled at many
'download' sites.  It gets around class based throttling sometimes.  Ive
had to implement a pretty nasty ftp setup to keep these suckers from
using all the bandwidth and not being fair.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> <sdier@debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos@irc.openprojects.net

Sinclair: "No boom?" Garibaldi: "No boom."
Ivanova: "No boom today. Boom tomorrow.
          Always a boom tomorrow."