Re: ITP: axel -- short description

Hi

Wilmer van der Gaast schrieb:
> I have been working on a simple download accelerator-like program which
> downloads files through multiple connection, something which can make the
> downloading process a lot/a bit/not at all faster.

But it will certainly hit the server. I run an http fileserver
with throttling because my bandwith is limited, and would
instantly block anybody who hits me with such a thing. Think
before you use it, and don't be fooled by the word "accelerator"
... in many cases it won't even work, particularily if your
connection is the bottleneck.

(Hmm, multiple connections for the same transfer seem a bad
thing from TCP window scaling standpoint.)

ciao, 2ri
--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.