An ex-Windows, now-Debian newbie comments.

To whom it may concern.

I have recently obtained Debian and have no regrets about installing it!  Thanks guys!
You guys are the best! Long live Debian!

I have a suggestion for the Debian Linux system. I am sure that you all have heard that
some guys made a nice splash screen for Linux kernel at http://lpp.freelords.org/ . I know
that there are some issues stopping it being included in Debian.  However, it can be
configured to display certain copyright notices for 3rd party drivers and packages.

I believe that the Debian package would look very slick if each new release had a nice graphical
splash screen with the picture of the Toy Story character that each version is named after.
Also the default xdm login screen could also be customised by Debian along similar lines.
Cheesy, maybe. But people love that kind of thing. It's about packaging and marketing. Many newbies
are going for Corel, not because of performance, but because of nice packaging.

Nice packaging is very important, especially to those you are considering migrating from Win32.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers.
D.Radel.