Re: Solving the compression dilemma when rsync-ing Debian versions

> >Where is the problem? Isn't "gzip --rsyncable ..." used when Debian
> >packages are made or isn't the current  gzip capable of "--rsyncable"?
>
> Doesn't seem so:
>
>   [cjw44@riva ~]$ man gzip 2>/dev/null | grep rsync
>   [cjw44@riva ~]$

Well I should have better formulated my question. I'm more interested to
know if gzip solves the compression dilemma and if Debian packages use
it regardless how. There was a discussion about a blocking algorithms
which should solve the dilemma. From the tests I made this algorithmus
either does not work or is not implemented or packages don't use it. Of
course my tests might be wrong but I don't think so.

O. Wyss