Re: Package in main now has component linking to non-us

El Jue 14 Jun 2001 20:46, Yann Dirson escribió:
> [please CC me on reply]
>
> I'm looking for advice about where to put a new binary package.
>
> xdelta2 is in main.  New release has an additional binary that links
> to sfs-lib, which is in non-US.  This new binary package (xdfssrv)
> does not contain crypto code, it just uses crypto-based services from
> sfs.
>
> I was wondering whether all of the packages could still be generated
> from the source package that lives in main, and have xdfssrv be put in
> contrib.
>
> -> pools for main and contrib ar separate, so this is a problem
>
> -> iirc policy says that contrib is for stuff that needs things in
> non-free, not non-US

	Quoting Debian Policy, 2.1.5:

"Some programs with cryptographic program code need to be stored on the
non-US server because of United States export restrictions. Such programs
must be distributed in the appropriate non-US section, either non-US/main,
non-US/contrib or non-US/non-free.

This applies only to packages which contain cryptographic code. A package
containing a program with an interface to a cryptographic program or a
program that's dynamically linked against a cryptographic library should not
be distributed via the non-US server if it is capable of running without the
cryptographic library or program."

	If xdelta2 is capable of running without sfs-lib, it should stay in main. If
not, in non-US.

	Regards,

		Ender.
--