Re: QPL in /usr/share/comon-licences (was: Re: wnpp: ITP: apc -- Alternative PHP Cache speeds up loading PHP scripts in web servers)

> ==========================
> Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:01:12 +0200
> From: Casper Gielen <casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net>
> To: Stephen Stafford <stephen@clothcat.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: QPL in /usr/share/comon-licences (was: Re: wnpp:
> ITP: apc -- Alternative PHP Cache speeds up loading PHP scripts
> in web servers)
> ==========================
>
> Most licenses REQUIRE that the license file is distributed with
> the
> software AT ALL TIMES. So even if a package depends on another
> package
> for its license file, we're still distributing the .deb without
> the
> license and thus break the license.

We distribute cds or we distribute licences on the same server or mirror. Is it not enough?

---
Christian Surchi, csurchi@mclink.it
http://www.firenze.linux.it/~csurchi
In a world without fences, who needs Windows and Gates?