Re: QPL in /usr/share/comon-licences (was: Re: wnpp: ITP: apc -- Alternative PHP Cache speeds up loading PHP scripts in web servers)

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 04:27:23PM +0200, Luca De_Vitis wrote:
> IMHO since it's DFSG compliant, there will be many binary packages that will
> include it, but the real issue is that now it's used by more than one binary
> package; so a copy under /usr/share/comon-licences is less expensive than a
> copy in each package, and that's all.

Unfortunatly most licenses require that the software is not distributed
without the license file. So we are not allowed to leave those license
files out of the .deb, even when the license is linked to when the
package is installed

--
	Casper Gielen
casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net, capslock2000@mailandnews.com