Re: Is cdrecord dead?

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 12:38:06PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> > cdrecord: Invalid argument. Cannot get mmap for 4198400 Bytes on /dev/zero.
> Annoying isn't it?  Actually cdrecord does work but only if you have the
> exact same kernel Erik had when made the package.  If you recompile it
> for your kernel version, it works.
This can't be true. I installed cdrecord as a binary package. It works
with all (self compiled) 2.4.x kernels I used on that machine and those
were many (and certainly not the same cdrecord was compiled with)

And what does "recompile for your kernel version" mean? It never tries to
read original kernel headers.

Nils

--
                                     ______