Problem with special permissions of config file

My package courier-authmysql has a configuration file where the
password for the MySQL database can be stored. So I set this
file to 600 in postinst. But dpkg put the backup file .dpkg-old
in the same directory with 622 which seems a rather bad idea
to me. Is there anything I can do about it ?

It is a potato backport where this happened, I didn't try it
out on sid.

Bye
        Racke

--
Master of Swiss Web 2001: http://www.zweifel.ch/

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices