Re: Automake 2.50 migration strategy, as implemented

    Anthony> On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 04:27:41PM -0400, Ben Collins
    Anthony> wrote:
    >> However, installing autoconf negates having a clean chroot for
    >> the autobuilders. This means that packages with missing
    >> build-deps on autoconf will succeed, even though they are
    >> technically broken.

    Anthony> Better to have them succeed and not bother the people
    Anthony> running the autobuilders, than to fail unnecessarily.

Besides, I thought someone had written code to check access times (or
something else) on binaries in the chroot and see if extra packages
were used.  I certainly got at least one bug filed on a build that
succeeded for incorrect build-deps with what appeared to be automated
output pointing out I used debhelper.