Re: Was there a testing rollback?

On Sun, 27 May 2001, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> after looking at [1] I'm surprised to see that packages seem to be no
> longer in testing that were in testing before. Did I miss the announcement
> of a rollback of testing?

Something seems to be going on with testing. I don't think it was a
rollback, I'm afraid they never got in. I was just about to ask why such a
bulk load of packages is still on the excuses-page when your mail arrived
;-)

I've been following one of my packages, lg-base, to make sure it gets into
testing before I upload yet another version.

However, I'm still waiting. It's been 19 days now, and the end of the
month is coming, which means I'll have to get a new upstream release
in. Looking to the controlfile to depends that could hold it up, I could
only find that libhtml-parser-perl seems to be buggy in unstable so it
cannot go in testing. I think this is a mistake by the testing-scripts,
because I did not state any version number in the Depends header, so IMHO
the scripts should get it in. AFAICT, this does not seem to be the only
package with this kind of problem. Can anyone provide clearness?

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium
#ifdef NOT_A_GODDAMN_YANK