Re: Major changes to Heimdal in Heimdal 0.3e-5

    >> The URL is <http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~bmay/heimdal/>. It
    >> is only a temp location, because I don't want lots of people
    >> down load the 2.5Meg file over my slow Internet Link.

    Mikael> Will try if I can make something out of it during the
    Mikael> weekend, depending on what plans my girlfriend has. I will
    Mikael> speak with assar about getting the some of patches into
    Mikael> the cvs when he is back from vacances.

Ok, Thanks.

Anyway, I am currently uploading my latest version to
<http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~bmay/heimdal/>. The old version will
be in <http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~bmay/heimdal.old/>. Now I have
gone back to my usual setup for numbering patches. 01* files have been
integrated upstream.  02* patches haven't been integrated (but should
be).

I did some really minor changes to the code (read: no changes at all,
except I have now configured it --without-krb4), and libtool 1.4 is
badly breaking :-(, see bug #98342.

Arggghh!

What is really weird, is I saw this bug in the CVS version of libtool
1.4, so I specifically tested it out, and it was OK, until now...

I fail to see what has changed. Actually, nothing has changed. In
fact, I just tried to compile the demo program which comes with
libtool 1.4, and it fails in the same way!!! This never use to happen!

(surely it can't be because I upgraded from glibc 2.2.2 to glibc
2.2.3? That *is* the only major change. That and upgrading Linux 2.4.3
to 2.4.4; Just in case, I tried in on a stable system, but it still
fails; perhaps it needs glibc 2.2.2 to work properly?).

Anyway, if when building the package, you get an error that it cannot
delete libsl* (or something similar), you have just struck this bug
(as the installation continues even after the initial error).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>