Re: Autoconf 2.50

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 05:59:22PM -0500 , Gordon Sadler wrote:
> Seeing autoconf 2.50 in unstable today prompts this message. My
> understanding is 2.50 will not work out-of-the-box with 2.13
> configure.in's.

I have no problems, appart from some .m4 files, which use black magic, that
worked in 2.13 and no it doesn't because of changed internals. That's their
problem IMHO

> If this is the case, shouldn't 2.50 be delegated to a different name,
> similar to gcc-2.95/3.0? or perhaps make use of alternatives similar to
> yacc, vi, etc?

:(( no, please. autoconf is new stable version and not a development one, so
why having it as another name. everyone will have to/shsould fix
configure.in's in the long run anyway

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}